Monday, October 8, 2012

Justice ... or something like it!!

 He was going up, not sure where exactly but something was more than curiosity pushing him to see what was there, he was not scared, he was never scared of the unknown, only that self destructive part in him scares him. The more he went up, the lighter he felt. He tried to look down but he could not see clearly, things were blurred. For a moment he felt weird and intrigued; he wondered why things do not look smaller but they just go blurred. He did not waste a lot of time on the thought, he kept going, he couldn’t see anything down anymore, he was surrounded by white… there was no walls, no stairs, nothing except white… euh white what?? Are those clouds?? Where am i?!
He tried to recall how did he reach there, what was he doing before taking the way up, but he could not, his mind was as blurred as his vision. He was wondering if he was dreaming when he saw somebody rushing down, he shouted: hey… hey, you?
The little person looked around: who me?
·         Yes you!
-          What do you want… please hurry I have no time…
·         Where are we? And where are you going?
-          Oh come on man, you are one of those!! I really have no time, they told me I might meet one,
·         Who told you… who are those? Where are we?
-          Ok listen, you have been here before, this is the soul land…
·         I don’t remember being here before… soul land?? What is this? a joke or something? I don’t get it.
-          Euh, you came up right?
·         Yes!
-          Well, that means your role on Playland is over.
·         What does that mean? I am dead?! But I am still young and healthy, my wife is pregnant, I will get a son soon, I can’t be dead!! And what about you??
-          I’ve just got my role; I have to go they are waiting.
·         Who’s waiting??
-          The players downstairs… in the Playland…
·         So you’re getting born?? You’re a baby??... He stopped for a second then murmured: you don’t look like one.
-          A baby?? What’s that?? Anyways I have to hurry… he rushed towards the stairs and shouted: good luck.
They guy ran behind him, he was thinking “I can’t die now, I have to go to take my wife to the hospital, I have to see my son, I promised I won’t let him alone… “But the stairs were blocked by huge transparent wall… the little person shouted
-          What have you done?? Great now I am blocked… great… happy now??
·         What happened?
-          Seriously man?? You’re asking?
The guy was staring at him with a stupid look on his face.
-          Oh you really don’t know… awesome, I don’t only meet one of them but a stupid one too!! Ok listen, you can’t pass you need to go to the jury for evaluation, you get your score and then you pass to the eternity land.
·         No kid you don’t understand, I have to go back, I can’t die, you see? I have promised…
-          All of them say that, you can’t go back… now someone has to open this stupid gate… I have to go…
·         But kid, I have to take my wife to the hospital…
-          Kid?? Is that me?? Wife? Hospital? You’re still hallucinating… the little person looked really bothered…
·         So there is no hope of going back?? That’s it?? The man started crying… I won’t see my son, I won’t fulfill my promises… how will they survive??
He heard thunder…
-          Come on man… don’t cry…
·         What’s this?
-          Your tears, they pass to the Playland…
·         Oh…
A huge person was coming… the little person sighed: finally…
The man looked behind, he heard the huge person…
v  You… what are you doing here?? He came closer… looked at him: you have to go to the jury; you have been late… then looked at the little person: what are you still doing here??
-          The Playland person blocked the gate…
v  Oh he is one of those… turned to him… hey man you’re role is over… you have to come with me
The man looked down thoughtful then he looked at the little person and said: ok I will go but… kid; do you know where are you going??
-          Yes… to the Play land
·         No, I mean where exactly?
-          Oh let me check… he looked at the document in his hand… I will land in Palestine…
The guy’s face glowed and he smiled for the first time…
·         You can be my son…
-          Euh… I am not sure, as I see here; both my parents are still in Playland… their roles have not got over yet…
·         Oh I see… the man stopped for a second then asked: listen, son, will you remember anything from this place?
-          How do I know?!! The little person asked sarcastically… will i?
The guy thought for a second then said:
-          Listen son, in few minutes you will be born as Palestinian, your life won’t be easy. You will live in a continuous war, you will enter a world which will call killing you and destroying your childhood a civilization… you might not understand why or how, but you will find yourself accused for who you are, you will find yourself accused for your history and for your love… you won’t be able to play as normal kids do, you will be born as a man and you will have to act like one because they will treat you as one… your education will be blocked because it might endanger them, they will destroy your school and your house, they will block your way in every imaginable way…
You might survive all this, and one day, in spite of all the hatred, in spite of all the pain, in spite of the harsh unfair life… one day your heart will blossom with love and you might get lucky and marry the girl you love…
You will start hoping, though life taught you not to hope… you will start dreaming, though your days since your birth taught not to dream… you will start thinking things might get better after all… at that exact moment, they will find the perfect way to put you back to your place, and when you need your life the most they will take it from you to crown your pain…
You will come back here and you won’t even understand what your mistake in the play was, and what wrong you did to get all that… to be hated like that…
-          Euuh, Sir… sorry to interrupt you… but I won’t be a Palestinian…
·         But you told me you will be born in Palestine…
-          Yes, I will land in Palestine… but I won’t be a Palestinian
·         So you will be an Israeli??
-          I am not sure about that, all I can find here is where I will land
The guy smiled… he did not feel that bitter loss anymore because he knew they might try to take her away, to change her name and her people… but they will never… ever do… because her name is graved in the sky… and in the Soulland…PALESTINE…
He looked at the huge person and told him: let’s go sir… I am definitely at a better place…
He started walking slowly with the huge person and the little person rushed to the stairs then suddenly stopped and turned: Hey sir…
The guy turned back to him…
-          Just one question… who are the “they” you have been talking about…
·         They are you son… they are you…

No comments:

Post a Comment